- Derivation of the governing equations: Euler and Navier-Stokes
- Eulerian and Lagrangian description of fluid motion; examples of fluid flows
- Vorticiy equation in 2D and 3D
- Dimensional analysis: Reynolds number, Mach Number, Frohde number.
- From compressible to incompressible models
- Fluid dynamic modeling in various fields: combustion, astrophysics, biofluids.
- Existence of solutions for viscid and inviscid fluids
Detailed course program: Click here
Basic notions of functional analysis, functions of complex values, standard properties of the heat equation, wave equation, Laplace and Poisson's equations.
- Franck Boyer, Pierre Fabrie- Mathematical Tools for the Study of the Incompressible Navier-Stokes Equations and Related Models, Springer.
- Andrea Bertozzi, Andrew Majda- Vorticity and Incompressible Flow, Cambridge University Press.
- Roger M. Temam, Alain M. Miranville, Mathematical Modeling in Continum Mechanics, Cambridge University Press.
- Alexandre Chorin, Jerrold E. Marsden, A Mathematical Introduction to Fluid Mechanics, Springer Verlag.
Written exam: January 15, 2019 at 14:00, room A0.4 Blocco 0--registration January 16, 2019 at 14:00
Written exam: January 30, 2019 at 9:00, room A0.4 Blocco 0--registration January 30, 2019 at 14:00
Written exam: February 19, 2019 at 14:00, room A0.4 Blocco 0--registration February 20, 2019 at 12:30